Thursday, August 27, 2009

Floting market for Thai people - Urbands GoodieS

This is not my first time experiencing floting market in Thailand but somehow I felt different from any other times. Last time I went to Damnean Saduak floting market and I felt it was so fake like someone setting a scean for movie shoot or something. It is only for tourists to come visit not for Thai people at all. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful but it's just not my thing.

The trip to Hua Hin this time my friends and I decided to stop by at Ampawa floting market to take a peek.





This place is very interesting and quite a real deal. The try to keep their old style of living next to the cannel. Everything was kept the way it was or some how immitate to feel and look antique. For example you will find lots of coffee shops that decorated to look like 50 years ago or you can buy Thai icecream on a stick which you will get free one once you get the red stick.







You can find lots of Thai deserts here along with old style toys and accessories. If you got tired from a busy walk you can stop by small coffee shops that hiding in a small Soi or upstairs from the busy route.












Ampawa floating market is opened only on Friday to Sunday. If you go on Friday there are not many shops open but you don't have to struggle that much with the crowd (still lots of people, mostly locals and students from filed trip). On Saturday and Sunday seems to be very congested with Bangkokian tourists.

Ampawafloating market

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment